Skip to main content

Ofcom's broadband map

Ofcom have produced a map of Broadband availability. The link is the link to it. The real problem, however, is that it does not indicate what someone should expect in some of the really large counties such as Powys.

Broadband will vary across such counties so it is more of a management tool than a tool which really explains what someone should expect if they move to somewhere in such a county.

It is, however, something I find vaguely interesting so I thought I would repost it.

Comments

Jake Maverick said…
I'm still a bit confused though....I've been searching for years and still unable to find anybody who actually knows what the difference between a Megabit and a Megabyte is.....still suspect it's the elgal mumbo jumbo thing, i.e. Megabit can legally mean whatever they feel like, depending on what day it is as it's a made up word for marketing purposes....

Popular posts from this blog

Six months for recording a court hearing - Norman Scarth

The link is in Russian about the imprisonment of Norman Scarth who is actually 85. He has a complex history including a court hearing which found that he used a chainsaw to fight off bailiffs when he was 75. [a court judgment which is disputed see comments] However, that does not justify imprisoning him for 6 months for recording a court hearing (see the link and ask google to translate it if your Russian is not up to it). It has got into the Argyll News Because he has been held such that people cannot get to him to sign paperwork an application for a writ of Habeas Corpus was made today. This has been adjourned until next week. The English judicial system is really not good at responding to major abuses of human rights by the judicial system.