Lib Dem Pre-Manifesto 10 point Plan - Debate post
I have put the 10 point plan in the sidebar (blogroll). I have also copied it below. If we find that there is a particular debate about any specific item then I will put in a specific entry for that.
Top ten reasons to vote Liberal Democrat
- Put patients first - free doctors and nurses from Whitehall meddling.
- Free personal care when you need it – no one forced to sell their home to pay for care.
- No tuition fees, no top-up fees – university affordable for every student.
- More investment in children’s early years – spend the £1 billion Child Trust Fund money when it matters most.
- 10,000 more police on the streets – cutting crime and the fear of crime.
- £25 more on the pension every week at 75 – a million pensioners off means-testing.
- Free off-peak local transport – for all pensioners and disabled people.
- Axe the Council Tax – Local Income Tax is both fair and affordable.
- We should not have gone to war in Iraq – it’s time to restore trust in the Government.
- Take the environment seriously - cut pollution, cut congestion, and boost renewable energy.
These are taken from the printed version of the pre-manifesto document. For more details, see the full document and conference motion (links above).