Skip to main content

Statement re False Allegations Campaign

Many people will know that my family and I have been subject to a campaign of false allegations by Esther Baker for the past 4 1/2 years. Yesterday there was a court judgment Baker v Hemming [2019] EWHC 2950 (QB) which formally confirmed that the allegations were false. Esther Baker, who had brought a libel claim against me, dropped her defence of Truth to my counter-claim and was taken by the judge as no longer trying to prove her allegations. Due to Baker's various breaches of court rules and orders, she has been barred from further repeating her allegations even in the court proceedings. Further claim of mine in libel against Baker are ongoing. There is a good summary in the Daily Mail here.

This demonstrates the challenge in fighting false allegations in today's Britain. A substantial campaign was built up to promote allegations which had no substance to them. Various Labour MPs and in particular Jess Phillips and Tom Watson supported this campaign. Jess Phillips is not and never has been the constituency member of parliament for the Esther Baker. However, she dedicated a considerable amount of time to ensuring that the allegations got the maximum publicity including inviting Baker to meet her in the House of Commons.

Stephen Twigg, John Mann and Sarah Champion were also associated with the issue in some way. The fact is that Jess Phillips and Tom Watson assisted Baker for political advantage. This had a number of consequences for me personally, but my main concern was the effect on my family. I took the decision to remove myself from standing for elected office because of the need to protect my
family - getting ineffectual support from the police.

Now I have the formal judgment from the High Court I would intend taking this issue further. I do not think it is right for the Labour Party to go around promoting false allegations of child rape against their political opponents. I have today put in a formal complaint to the Labour Party to see whether this gets official support from the Labour leadership.

This will not be the end of this matter. Jess Phillips has spent considerable time complaining about threats to MPs. However, she has herself publicly promoted false allegations that she should know would cause threats to be made against me. In fact, Declan Canning was convicted in court for making death threats against me. I welcome the election of Sir Lindsay Hoyle as the new Speaker of the House of Commons and I welcome his desires to see a country in which there are fewer threats made against elected officials.

Comments

Unknown said…
How do you ever prove false allegations myself and husband both fostercarers all our years state exceptional carers then a new sw accused us both of fii no evidence the LA refused to take us to court I paid £9000 to get into court judge agreed with false reports and dla was edited by LA and we were accused fii saying child was a wheelchair user infact she had never ever been in a wheelchair we didn’t even own one I tried Appeal it was refused I’m now trying judicial we haven’t seen the child our niece for 28m the police have ongoing investigation 28m why can’t we get justice we have done nothing wrong BCH clinicians have no concerns yet they are ignored were broken and see no way out of this experience the child was diagnosed auto immune and her sister has ellers danlos which genetics were about to be done but all that support has been pulled child is in her 3 rd placement due to behaviours
Thankyou
Lynne Hughes

Popular posts from this blog

Its the long genes that stop working

People who read my blog will be aware that I have for some time argued that most (if not all) diseases of aging are caused by cells not being able to produce enough of the right proteins. What happens is that certain genes stop functioning because of a metabolic imbalance. I was, however, mystified as to why it was always particular genes that stopped working. Recently, however, there have been three papers produced: Aging is associated with a systemic length-associated transcriptome imbalance Age- or lifestyle-induced accumulation of genotoxicity is associated with a generalized shutdown of long gene transcription and Gene Size Matters: An Analysis of Gene Length in the Human Genome From these it is obvious to see that the genes that stop working are the longer ones. To me it is therefore obvious that if there is a shortage of nuclear Acetyl-CoA then it would mean that the probability of longer Genes being transcribed would be reduced to a greater extent than shorter ones.