Skip to main content

Hospital Threatens to Sue MP over letter

It is a new one on me. The University Hospital of North Staffordshire have threatened to sue me (or more precisely their lawyers have threatened to sue me) over a letter I wrote to them.

I wrote to them asking for them to tell those people who have secret medical files that there are secret medical files. They responded by

a) Refusing to write to me and/or talk to me directly and passing the issue to their lawyers
b) Threatening to sue me for the cost of their lawyers giving legal advice

The best thing the hospital could do is to 'fess up and tell people about whom they have been holding secret medical files that they hold those files.

It does, however, raise some quite serious issues that an arm of Government is trying to stop Members of Parliament from raising things with them with the threat of charging them thousands of pounds for the temerity of writing a letter.

They should stop squirming and obey the law.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Sounds to me like a perfect opportunity to use that parliamentary privilage.

Go on. Name some names!
John Hemming said…
See my speech.

Popular posts from this blog

Its the long genes that stop working

People who read my blog will be aware that I have for some time argued that most (if not all) diseases of aging are caused by cells not being able to produce enough of the right proteins. What happens is that certain genes stop functioning because of a metabolic imbalance. I was, however, mystified as to why it was always particular genes that stopped working. Recently, however, there have been three papers produced: Aging is associated with a systemic length-associated transcriptome imbalance Age- or lifestyle-induced accumulation of genotoxicity is associated with a generalized shutdown of long gene transcription and Gene Size Matters: An Analysis of Gene Length in the Human Genome From these it is obvious to see that the genes that stop working are the longer ones. To me it is therefore obvious that if there is a shortage of nuclear Acetyl-CoA then it would mean that the probability of longer Genes being transcribed would be reduced to a greater extent than shorter ones.