Skip to main content

John Hemming Website

I was always thinking I should start to write a new Website. There has been a Yardley LibDems site for some time. The problem I have with this site is that it is inside my company's intranet. That means I have first to get into my company's network and then into the server. That makes keeping it up to date much harder than just using FTP to upload files.

When I first started setting up websites (eg Birmingham City Council was the first UK Council to have a website because I did it for free on my own servers) my own office used to have weaker security. However, I spend little time on my commercial premises within the intranet and also the security is now tighter.

I, therefore, have started to use a bog standard web service with FTP update. That will allow me to develop an informative website. For constituents I can update it with the current position of developments such as The Swan, the Wagon and Horses etc.

The blog will remain as it is relatively boring, but concentrating mainly on national and international political issues. I am not trying to entertain with my internet activities, but moreso to inform people. (And to some extent to have a mechanism for people to challenge me).

I am also intending to develop with other people a Litigants in Person Advice Service. That will allow me to use the website to keep basic information about using the legal processes.

I have, therefore, taken John.Hemming.Name out of my offices and simply directed the DNS records at an external server. For the moment there is very little on the site, but I will respond to comments on the blog by putting information on the site.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Its the long genes that stop working

People who read my blog will be aware that I have for some time argued that most (if not all) diseases of aging are caused by cells not being able to produce enough of the right proteins. What happens is that certain genes stop functioning because of a metabolic imbalance. I was, however, mystified as to why it was always particular genes that stopped working. Recently, however, there have been three papers produced: Aging is associated with a systemic length-associated transcriptome imbalance Age- or lifestyle-induced accumulation of genotoxicity is associated with a generalized shutdown of long gene transcription and Gene Size Matters: An Analysis of Gene Length in the Human Genome From these it is obvious to see that the genes that stop working are the longer ones. To me it is therefore obvious that if there is a shortage of nuclear Acetyl-CoA then it would mean that the probability of longer Genes being transcribed would be reduced to a greater extent than shorter ones.