Labour and Government
I was always amazed that the Labour Party got away with accepting a loan from Bernie Ecclestone that effectively changed the law on advertising smoking. Bernie got "access" the ability to influence the argument rather than a formal legislation for loans deal. The end result is, however, the same.
We now have a mass of issues
- Bernie Ecclestone's Loan for a law change - seriously bad in terms of governmental integrity.
- Patricia Hewitt's overall mess with the NHS - a very bad consequence for the population as a whole
- Charles Clarke and the prisoners. I cannot really understand how he is hanging on. This is clearly within his direct remit.
- Phil Woolas and the claim that the government have no policy assumption about the Council Tax.
- Tony Blair, Lord Levy and Loans for Peerages - now where has that gone
- The War in Iraq. We must not forget this situation.
- Overpayment for pharmaceuticals, Labour do get funded by pharmaceutical companies. See Guido
- The general refusal to answer questions. See my earlier posts about this.
- Tax Credits, The CSA, Connecting for Health and anything else you care to mention.
- PFI overpayment and 'optimism bias' adjustments.
I will always remember the Ecclestone saga even though it was a long time ago.