I made the mistake recently of allowing Windows to update the operating system. Immediately after updating the operating system Chrome stopped logging in automatically (the bit on the top right of Chrome said "paused").
This has happened to quite a few people so I looked up to find out solutions one place that has solutions is https://9to5google.com/2020/06/15/google-chrome-windows-10-may-update-issues/.
On that I did try the Windows-L to lock and unlock, but that appeared to help sometimes, but was not that helpful.
However, I do now I think have a solution. It appears that after you login to the windows operating system it does some security processes. If you wait long enough by making a cup of tea before logging into chrome then chrome logs in OK. However, if you go immediately into chrome it fails to log in.
This is obviously some form of bug in Windows, but I am pleased that I have a solution that so far seems to work. It is also a solution that involves making a cup of tea. Hence it is a relatively efficient solution.
I have found sometimes that Chrome still loses its security access, but for now if you keep Chrome active it seems to stay connected. This is, of course, really important as if the Chrome account is "paused" everything else that needs security cannot log in. This is particularly a nuisance for things that also have an OTP which means getting loads of OTPs.
I hope people find this useful.
The link is in Russian about the imprisonment of Norman Scarth who is actually 85. He has a complex history including a court hearing which found that he used a chainsaw to fight off bailiffs when he was 75. [a court judgment which is disputed see comments] However, that does not justify imprisoning him for 6 months for recording a court hearing (see the link and ask google to translate it if your Russian is not up to it).
It has got into the Argyll News
Because he has been held such that people cannot get to him to sign paperwork an application for a writ of Habeas Corpus was made today. This has been adjourned until next week.
The English judicial system is really not good at responding to major abuses of human rights by the judicial system.
Comments